And finally a post..!

Yes, yes, I know. There has been a long absence. So much has happened (all good) that I don’t know where to begin. I’ll start with the oldest news and work my way forward.
Post Christmas and New Year’s
After Christmas we headed to Belleville to visit my Auntie Jo, her family. As is always the case, AJ had a great time with Casey, Jack and Odin. Charlotte of course also had a grand time. She just loves being around other kids.

While we were there AJ and Jack (who is one year younger) announced that they would be getting married. Good thing they’re not real cousins…..

We spent New Year’s Eve at home, and hosted a bunch of local friends and kids. It was very loud, but very fun. The best part was that the countdown happened at 8:00 pm and so everyone was on their way by 9:00 ish. I think Steve and I were in bed by 10:00. Aren’t we wild. 
While there was snow
This is turning out to be the strangest winter ever! Part of the reason we left Toronto to come to Ottawa was so that we could have a REAL winter. You know, with snow, so you can toboggan, ski and skate - the things you are supposed to do when it is cold! There was a brief period after Christmas when there was enough snow on the ground to get down the hill, and we made the best of it – grass patches and all.The best news is that Charlotte LOVES her snowsuit, which is highly unusual for a child her age. Mittens, well, that’s another story. But her snowsuit and boots are great as far as she is concerned. When we tell her it is time to go play, I lay her snowsuit on the ground and she literally runs for it. We often have fights when we are making a quick trip to the grocery store and I don’t feel like putting on her big boots. She wants her Sorrels, or nothing!

When AJ was about two years old she told us (after a serious of very cold January days kept us indoors) that she was “an outdoor girl” and needed to go play every day. Looks like we have another ‘outdoor girl’ on our hands, which is fine with me.
And when the snow was gone

Well, what else do you do in January if there is no snow? Go to the same park where you toboggan. Play on the swings instead.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home