Ying-er 2006

We adopted our daughter Charlotte Xiao from China in 2006. ("ying-er" means baby in mandarin). This blog tells our story about building a family of 4, and the on-going joys/trials in our lives.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Last post from Beijing

Nightime report: we had a great night last night – and it was drug free! She woke up briefly at 11:00 for some milk, then again at 3:00 (but just squawked a bit and then went back to sleep on her own NICE)….and then @ 6:30 she was up for the day. Amazing progress. Too bad we are leaving and we're going to mess her up again!!! We think the key was that she had a solid 2 ½ hour nap in the afternoon. We tried to replicate the same conditions today, but were foiled by the over-zealous housekeeping staff. Despite the fact that there was a “Do Not Disturb” sign on our door and the same light was on our doorbell, the housekeeping staff thought they should call on the phone at about 2:15, which was only about 45 mins into her nap. Naturally it woke her up. They are lucky they still have all the housekeeping staff here – I was out for blood. I mean, crap, if “Do not Disturb” doesn’t mean leave us alone….then what pray tell does it stand for?????? OK, I’m finished my rant. I’ll move on now.

Today was all about last-minute shopping. Although we probably could have squeezed everything in, Steve bought another suitcase just to be sure. I am happy to report that everything is packed (with room to spare) and we are soon headed for bed. We are eager to get the flight over with and get home to AJ.

Here is Steve in action at the market:

For dinner we went out to a restaurant that specialized in “hot pot”. For those not familiar with it, it is the Chinese version of fondue. IT was absolutely delicious. If you are coming to Beijing, this is a meal you should not miss!

As you can see from the photo, there was also a bit of celebrating going on….

Well, off to bed. I can’t promise any posts in the next few days. I imagine that jet lag will get the best of us for the first week or so. Will post again once we are home and settled.

Heather, Steve and Charlotte

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home