Ying-er 2006

We adopted our daughter Charlotte Xiao from China in 2006. ("ying-er" means baby in mandarin). This blog tells our story about building a family of 4, and the on-going joys/trials in our lives.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Good to Go!!

Great news. Saw the doc today and Lefty's hand is looking good.
Well, truthfully, it looks like hell - but there are no signs of infection - which means Steve and I will be traveling together. Hooray!!!!!! No offense to my Dad, of course, 'cause traveling with him would have been fun. However, Steve sitting at home reading about the trip on the blog would not have been fun.
The only detail to sort out is finding someplace in Guangzhou to get the stitches out. It is a big, modern city, so that won't be an issue though. Also, the American embassy is there, so I'm sure there is no shortage of 'western' docs around.

We are also starting to see the bright side of our current situation:

(1) We are now completely unstressed about trip packing and the like....everything seems to pale in comparison
(2) Steve now has an excuse to nap at least once and probably twice with Charlotte every day (he needs to conserve energy, after all)
(3) I will be 'strong like bull' by the time we get home due to my role as official pack-mule of the family
(4) With a baby and an injured party along for the ride, we'll always be pre-boarding. (OK, and truth be told, I AM dreaming about an upgrade....but I don't know if they do that on international flights. Business class is pretty prime real estate on a 14 hr. flight....)

Stay tuned folks. Only 3 more sleeps until we leave!!!!
H

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home